Thursday, April 11, 2013

Trash to Treasure.......


Trash to Treasure........... one empty cardboard beverage container
and some imagination......to create a whimsical tools holder!


Hubby was going to toss this 6 bottle cardboard holder into the trash last week and I grabbed it away from him, looked it over and told him I was going to create a treasure from his trash!  He rolled his eyes and walked away.  I decided it would become a pretty holder for paintbrushes, pencils, pens, etc.

So, first, I spray painted it a couple of times, spray covers faster and dries faster than brushing the paint on.

Too give it extra stability, I took 6 empty plastic soda bottles, cut them down to size and slid one into each slot (refer to picture).  They fit perfectly snug.

Need 5 more empty plastic soda bottles.
Finished project!!  Now to fill it up!

Then I went to town embellishing until I was happy with it!!  I used all kinds of trinkets, scrapbook paper, beads, paper flowers, etc., etc., etc.!!
Hopefully you can make one too!!  I LOVE to recycle!!!

1 comment: